Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the percentage marks required in Degree/Diploma?
Answer: 50% in final year.
- What is the percentage marks required in English?
Answer: 50% marks in Xth std or XII std or in Degree/Diploma.
- Should I be having a passport before joining IMS?
Answer: Yes, you should have a valid passport with ‘ECNR’ stamp on it. It is compulsory.
- Can I join the course if I have spectacles?
Answer: 6/6 or 6/12 in each eye or 6/18 in one eye and 6/9 in other eye without glasses WITH NO COLOUR BLINDNESS by Ishihara chart (you have to ask your ophthalmologist –eye specialist). NOTE: PARTIAL COLOUR BLINDNESS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. If, you have a number which is higher, after selection you can plan for vision correction under advice of your Doctor.
- What are requirements of medical fitness?
Answer: Body Mass Index < 25. After selection candidate has to undergo a medical examination as required by Company/Institute approved doctor.
- My college is not approved by AICTE or my University recognised by UGC or is a deemed University under UGC Act – can I apply?
- Is lateral entry Diploma Holder eligible?
Answer: Yes. Only ensure that you have 50% marks in English in 10th or 12th because you are exempted from first year of the Diploma course and English gets completed in first year itself.
- Is any work experience required to join the Pre sea Course?
Answer: Work experience is not required.
- Can a Diploma candidate with lateral entry in 2nd year of BE Mechanical apply?
- Is Tattoo on body a disqualification?
Answer: Tattoo should not be visible when wearing uniform.
- Which semesters’ marks are considered for Diploma Shipbuilding Engineering?
Answer: 7th and 8th Semester.
- Is Mechanical Production Degree considered equivalent to Mechanical Degree as is stated by the concerned University?
- Please explain the rule for English Marks?
Answer: D.G. Shipping requires a candidate to have 50% or more in English in ANY ONE of the following: Class X OR Class XII OR Diploma OR Degree. Hence, you need NOT have 50% and above in all of these.
- What is the Class XII PCM marks preference for GME/DME admissions?
Answer: There is no specified percentage requirement. However, as it is a competitive selection, candidates having 60% and above may have an advantage during Interview. For DME, passing Class XII is not a requirement.
- Is Degree in Automobile Engineering acceptable for GME course?
- I have appeared in backlogs in my Degree/Diploma course and am expecting results in August or later – can I apply?
Answer: Yes, you can apply. Fill ‘RA’ in spaces for semester marks. All marks must be available for issuance of Admission letter, if selected, by October 2nd week.
- Can female candidates apply in IMS Goa?
Answer: At present we do not have hostel facilities for female candidates and hence we are not accepting applications from female candidates.