Frequently Asked Questions
Admission and Application Related:
- Can I apply for the course before completion of the Degree/Diploma course?
Answer: Yes you can apply for the course and undergo the on line test before completion of the course. However, you have to have a degree or a diploma before the course begins and submit all marks before October 3rd week.
- Can I apply if I have not cleared any semesters in first attempt or have back papers in earlier semesters?
Answer: Yes you can apply for the course and undergo the on line test before completion of the course. However, you have to have a degree or a diploma before the course begins. While filling the on line form, fill ‘RA’ i.e. Result Awaited for semesters for which marks are not known.
- My college has given the score in CAGR, what should I do?
Answer: You have to apply the formula and convert your score to percentage. The conversion formula must be printed on the reverse of the original mark sheet. If it is not printed, then it needs to be certified by the college Principal.
- How many times do you conduct admissions in one year?
Answer: Once per year.
- Are then any IMS Recruiting Centres in rest of the Country?
Answer: IMS has no branches. Nobody is authorised to select candidates on our behalf.
- When is the Entrance Examination held?
Answer: Entrance Examination is held during the full month of August. You will be allotted a date at any day of the month provided you are an eligible candidate.
- Is entrance examination compulsory? Is there any other way of admissions?
Answer: Yes, all candidates have to appear in the selection entrance compulsorily. We do not permit any other way of joining the pre sea courses.
- Are you giving sample papers for the examination?
- Is IMU CET necessary for your College?
Answer:No. We conduct over own entrance examination.
- My D.O.B. is different in my Passport and school college certificates. What should I do?
Answer: Correct the DOB in Passport.
- Are you promising any coaching faculty for the entrance examinations?
Answer: Not for the writtens. However we call those qualified in writtens for guiding in interview.
- Is there any Management Quota?
Answer: There is no Management Quota against additional fee payment. However, children of the soil of the employees of our major training centres can get nomination for selection. These candidates have to do well in the written papers to get called for the Interview like any other candidate.
- What are the Institute contact numbers for admissions?
Answer: 0832-2520614 and 0832-2520986 strictly between 0900 am to 1700 pm on all working days .
- When will the Hall tickets be issued?
Answer: Hall tickets start getting issued from second week of July in order of applications received and dates available for examination at the examination centre of candidates’ choice. In all cases we make an effort to dispatch Hall tickets by email at least 7 days before the test date.
- Is there any reservation for SC/ST/Defence personnel?
Answer: There is no reservation of seats in IMS Goa.